If you’re craving steakhouse fare after weeks in the bush, make these delicious onion rings and braai a steak to go with it.
You need: (for 4 portions)
- 2 large onions, cut into rings
- ½ cup self-raising flour
- oil for deep-frying
For the batter you need:
- 1¼ cup self-raising flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup water
- Mix the ingredients for the batter.
- Place it in a bowl and leave it in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Dip the onion rings in the ½ cup self-raising flour and then in the batter.
- Deep-fry in the oil until golden brown.